Strategic Direction, Goal Five
Our strategic directions
ELCA Strategic Directions 2025 tells the story of the church we are becoming – a church that is confident about who we are in Christ and what God is calling us to do. The directions are presented in three parts: The ELCA – who we are; What unites us as church; and, Our goals and priorities.
Here’s a preview of the FIFTH goal: A well-governed, connected and sustainable church
PRIORITY AREAS FOR ACTION:
Leadership in governance
Resources for mission
Her-stories, a global Lutheran storytelling project
Women have always led and participated in the reformation of the church, but we only know a handful of their stories. Join The Lutheran World Federation in sharing women’s stories through the global Lutheran storytelling project, Her-stories. The Rev. Laura Ingersol was the second African American woman ordained in the Lutheran church, and she shares her story on Living Lutheran.
Do you have a story of how women have reformed the church or influenced your spiritual life? Email it to email@example.com with “Her-stories” in the subject line. View story prompts and submission guideline.
New MDiv Collaborative Learning Program
Featured Resource for April
Offers a translation of Luther’s explanations along with other catechetical helps, such as prayers, worship rites, and Luther’s introduction. NRSV and Evangelical Lutheran Worship texts are used for the wording of the Ten Commandments, Lord’s Prayer, Apostles’ Creed, and the included worship rites. Includes a revised introduction by Timothy Wengert and features illustrations by Roman Catholic artist Gertrud Mueller Nelson. Size: 8.5 X 11
“What Does This Mean?”
Luther’s Small Catechism and Spanish El Catecismo Menor de Lutero are also available in a FREE mobile app. Content from the Study Edition is available as an in-app purchase. Search “Catechism” in the Apple or Google app stores, or DOWNLOAD HERE.
Save the Date
NT-NL Public Witness Team for Peace and Justice
May 13, 1-3pm
Where in the world is?
- Apr. 23 – Family Sunday, Trinity, Fort Worth
- Apr. 23 – Worship and Groundbreaking Ceremony at Rejoice, Frisco
- Apr. 22 – Presenting Stewardship workshop, San Gabriel, Alvarado
- Apr. 23 – Serenity Worship Hour Ministry, Keller
- Apr. 23: Briarwood Quarterly Brunch
- Apr. 27-28: Mission / Synod Council Meeting
- Apr. 28-30: 2017 Mission / Synod Assembly
- Apr. 29: Assembly Worship Service (open to the public)
- May 4-6: “Go Baptize, Make Disciples” Catechumenate Training Institute
- May 6: Briarwood Annual Gala
- May 7: Golf Outing & Fundraiser for Lutheran Campus Ministry in Denton
- May 13: Public Witness Team for Peace and Justice monthly meeting
- May 13: BRIDGES Book Club (joint event)
- May 20: PLMA Spring 2017 Course 3
- May 20: Mission Endowment Fund board meeting
- May 28 – Jun. 2: Spanish Language and Hispanic Ministry Intensive I
- Jun. 10: Public Witness Team for Peace and Justice monthly meeting
- Jun. 11-16: Building Congregational Capacity for Hispanic Ministry
Access our full online Calendar here. Updates made regularly.
Do you have news or announcements to share? Please submit to the Synod office (MissionOffice@ntnl.org) for consideration for our next NT-NL News.
Looking for information in past NT-NL News? Find NT-NL News archives here!