2017 Synod Assembly Notice
We are now just over six months away from our 2017 Assembly. If you haven’t already, mark your calendar and make plans to attend: April 28-30. Join us as we celebrate the 500th Anniversary of the Reformation! The theme will be What Does This Mean? The assembly will give thanks for our reformation heritage through worship and education. Additionally, workshops will be offered that both teach our history as well as invite us to consider what it means to be Lutheran in the 21st Century. We will continue to update this event in our online calendar here.
Ways To Serve
If you are interested in volunteering, please let us know at MissionOffice@ntnl.org.
We know we have the following needs:
- Creative Coordinator (someone who is organized and would love to co-create a program to weave through our worship services and business sessions)
- Facilitators (to help us manage the room, i.e. Ushers, etc)
Reservations can now be made with our host hotel, Dallas/Plano Marriott at Legacy Town Center, for $109.00 (plus taxes and fees) per night, as long as the booking is made by April 12. Book online with our group rate for “NT-NL Synod Assembly” or call Marriott Reservations directly at 1-800-228-9290 and mention “NT-NL Synod Assembly” to receive our group rate.
We expect to open registration in January. For the third year in a row, we will be able to keep fees the same:
Early (by March 15) online: Voting Member $240 | Retired Clergy $105 | Visitor $110
Regular online: Voting Member $255 | Retired Clergy $110 | Visitor $115
Submitted manually: Voting Member $270 | Retired Clergy $135 | Visitor $125
On-site: Voting Member $315 (Book of Reports hard copy included) | Retired Clergy $160 | Visitor $130
Portico Deadline: October 28
Most of your NT-NL Staff plan to be present for this event this coming Thursday, October 27. We would love it if you could join us there.
“Leading The Church’s Song”
January 4-6, 2017
Featuring Robert Hobby, Allen Hightower, Craig Mueller, Tom Shelton, Stephen Mitchell, and Mark Lawson. Hosted by Augsburg Music.
Save the Date
Featuring the Rev. Barbara Rossing, Professor of New Testament, Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago
Sponsored by the NT-NL Public Witness Team and Texas Impact: People of Faith Working for Justice.
Where in the world is?
- Oct. 25 – DEM Interviews
- Oct. 27-Nov. 10 – Leading Holy Land trip
- Oct. 30 – Christmas Lutheran Church, Bethlehem
- Oct. 25 – DEM Interviews
- Oct. 27 – Mosaic Luncheon
- Oct. 30 – St. John’s, Dallas
- Oct. 24: Get Ready for Wright (SMU/Perkins)
- Oct 27: Live Webcast with ELCA Presiding Bishop Elizabeth Eaton
- Oct. 28: Now What? A Symposium on Repurposing (ELCA Mission Investment Fund)
- Oct. 29: Briarwood Invitational Golf Outing
- Oct. 31: LiveStream: Joint Ecumenical Commemoration of the Reformation (Lutheran World Federation)
- Nov. 15-17: Simply Wright: N. T. Wright @ Perkins/SMU
- Nov. 18-20: Region 4 Global Mission / World Hunger Synod Leaders Consultation (ELCA)
- Nov. 19: Parish Lay Mission Academy
- Nov. 20: Lutheran Campus Ministry Trivia Challenge
- Dec. 2-4: NT-NL High School Service Weekend
- Dec. 2-4: NT-NL Advent Retreat for 4th, 5th, 6th graders
- Dec. 4: Sunday Brunch at Briarwood
- Jan. 23-25: Tri-Synodical Theological Conference
- Jan. 27-29: NT-NL Junior High Gathering
Access our full online Calendar here. Updates made regularly.
Do you have news or announcements to share? Please submit them to the Mission Area office (MissionOffice@ntnl.org) for consideration for our next NT-NL News. Remember to include a picture or logo.
Looking for information in past NT-NL News? Find NT-NL News archives here!